Have you ever wondered what happens to imperfect produce? The food that grows with imperfections and doesn’t meet the cosmetic standards for the grocery stores in the US? The misshapen apple, crooked carrot, awkward looking bell pepper, even an orange with too many scratches on the peel or produce that is to small all goes directly to waste. The fact is that 40% of all the food produced in the US goes uneaten.
These imperfect but completely edible foods are simply discarded which causes another world of problems! To mention a few ways that waste of food production impacts us and our environment;
- Hurting the environment by wasting resources that went into growing our fruits and vegetables. Such as fresh water, fertilizer, and cropland.
- An impact on the changing climate as a reduction in food waste within our landfills is one of the top three ways to reverse global warming, according to
Research by Project Drawdown. Food in our landfills produces methane, a greenhouse gas that is 23 times as potent as CO2.
- The financial loss for farmers is caused because a large amount of imperfect produce is left unpicked resulting in 800 to 900 million tons (globally) of food each year left behind.
Imperfect Produce is a company making an impact! They are helping to save unwanted food and offer incredible pricing for ugly fruits and vegetables. Saving you money and providing convenience! Packages are customizable and about 30% less than grocery store prices conveniently delivered directly to your door.
Imperfect Produce has incredible stats that prove the great impact they are achieving!
- 40M POUNDS OF FOOD SAVED
- 1.2B GALLONS OF WATER SAVED
- 1.5M POUNDS OF FOOD DONATED
- 110M POUNDS OF CO2 SAVED
You can help and reap the benefits! Join today!
Are you looking to buy your dream home in Portland, Oregon?
Are you looking for a realtor in Portland, OR? I am intimately knowledgeable with all that Portland has to offer, and will gladly put that information to work for you as you buy or sell your home.
Please utilize my Portland real estate expertise to make your home search and buying experience as stress-free and rewarding as possible.
Are you thinking about Buying or Selling in Portland?
I am a local expert and am here to help guide you through your home buying or selling experience.
Looking for more information about Portland, Oregon?
Being from the area, you receive the benefits of learning about great neighborhoods, trends and hot spots.