It is time for the hustle and bustle of the Holiday Season. Black Friday Shopping is upon us and loaded with amazing deals! More “Bang for your Buck” as they say! Being the unofficial beginning of the Christmas shopping season, Black Friday is the busiest shopping day of the year. Be careful out there!
More popular since 2005, Black Friday can be fun yet hectic and filled with chaos. The rush of getting through the door then waiting at that one display until the moment when you may be able to grab that single gift you had in mind for that special someone in your life before the rack is empty. Getting through the crowds can be a challeng!
Business owners make attempts to control the hordes of customers, minor injuries often occur within the crowds,mostly due to the pushing or those thrown to the ground during the small stampedes. While most injuries sustained are minor, There have been more serious injuries reported over the years along with intentional violence.
Shopping endeavors following Thanksgiving can be dangerous. I have compiled some tips that will help to keep you safe while you are out there this Friday.
BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING SAFETY TIPS IN PORTLAND
- Take your keys, lock up your car and hide away your valuables! This should help detour those that would break-in to grab the goods or steal your car.
- Secure your handbag and belongings! Keep your purse close and on you at all times and never leave it in the cart.
- Clean out your wallet before leaving the house! Remove personal identifiers that you will not need during your shopping adventure. The less personal information that can be stolen, the safer you will be from a thief if your bag is snatched up. Leave extra bank cards, credit cards, insurance cards, your social security card and birth certificates at home. Always avoid showing those around you large wads of cash.
- Park in well-lit areas! When leaving or approaching your car be aware of your surroundings. Avoid distraction and stay alert, for example, wait to text or make that call until you are safe in your vehicle.
- Walk towards the center of the parking lot aisle to make yourself more obvious to drivers who are attempting to back out of their parking space.
- Keep your little loved ones close at all times! Be sure to arrange a meeting place with your kids should you get separated.
- Be courteous, don’t push or pull and do what you can to avoid injury from other patrons within the stores.
- Protect your kids throughout the shopping experience and be sure that they remain out of harms way.
Where are the deals in Portland you ask? Check out the sales and deals that will be offered this Black Friday at the Pioneer Place Here!
Are you thinking about Buying or Selling in Portland, Oregon?
I am a local expert and am here to help guide you through your home buying or selling experience.
Looking for more information about Portland?
Being from the area, you receive the benefits of learning about great neighborhoods, trends and hot spots.